About this role
• Follow-up detailed engineering activities progress related to Structural systems for the Major Projects by the contractors, the LLI and packages vendors (as applicable). The scope of activities will concern green field (new development) activities . The activities include the review and comment of engineering and vendor documentation to ensure compliance with design dossier, SOR, Company specifications, Corporate standard and HSE regulation, international codes and classification society rules;• Supervise, control, review and co-ordinate structural Engineering development in compliance with project specifications and procedures, COMPANY specifications, discipline requirements and international codes, with respect of cost, schedule and required level of quality and safety applicable to this project;
• Review and approve, in accordance with applicable procedures and requirements, the various structural documents issued by CTR, including in place and lifting analyses;• Ensure a regular and accurate weight and center of gravity (CoG) monitoring and reporting to management;
• Detail and monitor the structural interface parameters between jacket and topsides;• Define, follow up and evaluate the structural discipline studies to be carried out by Contractors;
• Identify any optimization / improvement in the design dossier to be implemented in the early stage of execution, subject to management approval;• Promote alternatives for structural design to reduce and to optimise the offshore installations weight;
• Identify potential deviations from the COMPANY referential and report these to the Engineering Manager for final decision on whether or not to implement;• Ensure that design is standardized across the various wellhead platforms and is cost effective, in line with management strategy;
• Ensure close coordination with other disciplines on all engineering, constructability and operational matters;• Ensure that relevant feedback from previous similar projects are considered in the design performance;
• Participate actively in technical decision making, in meetings with potential contractors and vendors;• Participate in the technical analysis of offers and assist in vendor selection;
• Assistance in the finalization of contractual documents;• Participate in weekly and monthly meetings with Contractors, and in specific ad hoc meetings as required by management;
• Provide technical answers to technical queries and provide support in deviations requests related to structural issues;• Manage assistance from shareholder specialists (remote head office), when required;
• Participate in the project reviews sessions with COMPANY, Contractors and vendors teams;• Provide technical answers and clarifications to internal project audit sessions (PR, HAZID, etc…);
• Contribute to the engineering interfaces,• Ensure detailed progress reporting to project management;
• Assist project management team to reply to various correspondence by providing technical support;• Carry out any other duty or task that may be assigned by hierarchical superiors in line with discipline expertise;
• Treat all information obtained during course of the work with confidentiality.
• Available for technical missions worldwide;• Computer literate, especially in structural calculation softwares;
• Strong leadership skills and good communication skills;• Good analytical skills.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Catherine Kay Turnbull is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Catherine Kay Turnbull
Brunel Energy UAE Dubai