About this role
Brunel is currently seeking a Senior Underground Mining Engineer for direct hire with our client in Northern Nevada.
- Plan, schedule, and coordinate detailed phases of the engineering work in a part of a major project or in a total project of moderate scope.
- Plan and conduct surveys, tests, or investigations, interpret results, and prepare recommendations, summaries, schedules, and cost estimates. Meet with representatives of other departments to coordinate planning and scheduling activities.
- Perform work which involves conventional engineering practice but includes a variety of complex features, such as conflicting design requirements, unsuitability of standard materials, and difficult coordination requirements.
- Develop and evaluate plans and criteria for a variety of projects and activities. Devise new approaches to problems encountered. Work requires originality and judgment in the independent evaluation and resolution of problems.
- Schedule and coordinate the work of technicians in order to complete work on time and within budget parameters.
- The above duties and responsibilities are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive.
- B.S. degree in Engineering required
- 5 years of experience in Underground Mine Planning required
- Technical communication and presentation skills required
- Expert knowledge in engineering and design required
- Mining or heavy mineral industry experience required
- Project management skills required
- Proficiency with Deswik CAD and Scheduler packages required
- Proficiency in other Deswik underground tools (SOT, Stope Optimizer, etc) preferred
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses, benefits, and 401K with employer contribution, company match share purchase program and more
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- An Opportunity to transform Traditional Mining into the future of Digital Mining
- Access to a variety of career opportunities across multiple locations
- Relocation package
Join the Brunel Family
- Our client is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer
- Committed to a safe work environment with high standards
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Cindy King is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel USA - Detroit