About this role
We are hiring a Senior Electrical Engineer for our client an Australian Engineering company focused on leading mining projects.
- Preliminary and detailed Electrical and Instrumentation design for HV, LV and ELV power distribution systems.
- Preliminary and detailed Electrical and Instrumentation design for HV and LV Motor Control Centres and substations
- Prepare design documentation including equipment specifications/data sheets, operation and maintenance manuals, tender documents, cost estimates, hours to complete estimates and project schedules
- Prepare, tender, evaluate and recommend equipment and services supply packages including HV Switchgear, Power Transformers, MCC’s, Variable Freqency Drives (VFDs), UPS, Generators,
- Supervision of, task assignment for and performance review of assigned work group(s).
- Provide technical advice and support with the preparation of reports and studies
- Motivate other project team members towards superior performance by supporting daily performance and providing ongoing mentoring and training
- Effective client and project team liaison and communication
- Perform electrical engineering design to produce deliverables such as budget and capital cost estimates, single line diagrams, area classification drawings, electrical load lists, equipment datasheets, equipment specifications and datasheets, material requisitions, technical bid evaluations, equipment layouts, grounding layouts, lighting layouts, cable tray layouts, power system studies, cable schedules, panel schedules, control schematics, electric heat trace design, wiring diagrams, 3D models, and construction work packages.
- Coordinate electrical discipline activities to meet budget and scheduling objectives.
- Ensure codes, standards and client preferences are incorporated into the design.
- Coordinate technical issues and required information with other disciplines.
- Perform quality control procedures.
- Work closely with clients to identify problems and implement solutions.
- Ensure reference material, software, and tools are applied correctly to designs.
- Provide guidance and direction to junior to intermediate engineering and design personnel.
- Recognized Bachelor of Engineering (RPEQ highly valued)
- Significant electrical and instrumentation design experience essential
- Study, FEED and Detailed Engineering experience
- Knowledge of multi-discipline engineering.
- Prior experience leading Electrical Engineering project teams
- Strong problem solving and organisational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Degree in electrical engineering and registered, as a professional engineer
- Registration or eligibility for registration in other provinces or states an asset.
- 10+ years' engineering experience, preferably gained through industrial projects relating to mining, materials handling, power generation, distribution, and transmission.
- Strong working knowledge of power distribution from 600V to 115kV, protection & coordination, power factor correction, substation design, motor controls, VFD's and motor soft-starts, PLC/DCS systems, cabling and cable systems and specifications.
- A successful track record working on medium/large engineering projects within an EPC environment
- Strong experience with Utilities requirements and standards such as Hydro One
- A reputation for successfully handling projects and people simultaneously and effectively.
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills.
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Join the Brunel Family
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Brunel provides the global recruitment and workforce services you need to lead your industry. With 45 years of market experience in Renewable Energy, Automotive, Oil & Gas, Life Sciences, Mining and Infrastructure, we help you finish major projects safely, compliantly, on-time, within budget and at the highest quality, so you can keep growing — anywhere in the world.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Gultchan Chevket is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Canada - Toronto