About this role
We’re hiring a Maintenance Planner for our client, a large Industrial Chemical Distribution company, to join their team. This is a permanent position with a competitive compensation package.
- Coordination: The planner works indirectly with Millwrights and directly with Mechanical Supervisor. He or she also works with Operations and Engineering and is the point of contact for Contractors (e.g. scaffolders / insulators / welders / fabricators / divers) and Vendors;
- Optimization: Repeat tasks becoming more efficient over time;
- Backlog management: Prioritization and scheduling for the short and long term.
- Red Seal Millwright preferred OR Technologist Diploma OR Mechanical Engineering Degree;
- 7+ years of experience in a heavy industrial maintenance setting related to reliability (e.g. chemical, oil & gas, pulp & paper, mining);
- Hands on, day-to-day planning experience with: Rotating equipment (pumps, compressors, conveyors), Pipefitting (piping, valves, gaskets), Rigging and Crane work (used for lifting of heavy equipment), Welding (no need for CWB designation), Fabrication, PM practices;
- 2+ years of experience in maintenance planning, scheduling, coordination* and optimization**;
- Experience with Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS), SAP preferred;
- Experience using MS Office Suite (MS Excel, Outlook);
- Experience with Maintenance Work Orders backlog management***;
- Ability to understand administration processes related to inventory control, procurement and other purchasing procedures, including tendering and administration of requests, etc;
- Ability to plan, prioritize, organize and carry-out work with minimal supervision;
- Maintenance Planning Certification or Designation an asset;
- Knowledge of Regulations related to boilers (4th class), pressure vessels and piping;
- Worked in a union environment an asset.
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Join the Brunel Family
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 40 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Jeremy Stevenson is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Canada - Toronto
All fresh vacancies in your mailbox?
Sing up for the Brunel job alert
Look at our privacy statement