About this role
We’re hiring an Environmental Manager for our client in Vancouver. As Environmental Manager, you will be an integral part of our client’s dynamic team responsible for implementing the regulatory, permitting and environmental compliance strategy for the Project. This is a permanent position with a competitive compensation package.
- Manage necessary work required to prepare and obtain required permits and approvals;
- Work collaboratively with internal teams as well as external contractors and consultants in advancing project design and execution aligned with regulatory requirements and company commitments;
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with external parties including regulatory agencies, Indigenous Groups and interested parties as it relates to the regulatory activities of the project;
- Support the development and implementation of a compliance management system to track and demonstrate compliance with the Project’s regulatory and environmental commitments and conditions;
- Develop, maintain and meet schedules and budgets for regulatory activities;
- Support with local media, government, First Nations and NGO groups and implementing actions towards the Company’s sustainability goals;
- Provide leadership through a personal commitment to influence overall safety behavior and a culture of environmental compliance; demonstrates compliance with company HSE policies and guidelines.
- University Degree in an environmental discipline (e.g. environmental science, environmental engineering, biology, ecology, resource management);
- 12+ years in an environmental role working on large natural resource or infrastructure projects in Western Canada. Candidates MUST HAVE direct experience in British Columbia with experience managing a range of regulatory and permitting processes;
- Ideal candidates will have experience conducting post-Environmental Assessment and construction phases of large natural resource or major infrastructure projects in Western Canada, including British Columbia;
- Proven track record in obtaining approvals including permits or management plans for major projects across multiple levels of government;
- Experience conducting consultation with First Nations with a proven ability to work with a culturally diverse group of people including Indigenous Groups in a cooperative team-orientated approach;
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, strong organization skills, ability to manage multiple tasks and a heavy workload;
- Experience reviewing engineering design and interfacing with engineering teams to meet permit application requirements;
- Experience working in the oil and gas sector or marine in developing marine infrastructure projects in British Columbia;
- Experience in an environmental role for a project owner/operator;
- Experience in developing and implementing environmental management systems and conducting audits/inspections;
- Energetic in pursuit of continuous improvement processes and complex problem definition and resolution;
- A valid driver’s license and passport – this role will be based in our Vancouver office but will involve travel to and from Squamish, BC;
- Ability to build relationships quickly in multi-disciplinary, multi-cultural, and multi-company environments;
- Expertise in Microsoft Office and other computer programs.
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Join the Brunel Family
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 45 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Marieke Bravo is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Canada - Calgary
All fresh vacancies in your mailbox?
Sing up for the Brunel job alert
Look at our privacy statement